one-girl band // what I have learned in my first 7 months of business
1. You get out what you put in. Hard work always pays off.
2. Sometimes it's best to just say no to things that aren't in tune with you or your brand.
3. Keeping up with your expenses and income on a daily basis makes things a lot easier (that's a big 'un).
4. Quit with the exclamation marks on the end of every sentence when conversing. You are not an excited 7 year old.
5. You will make mistakes, and that's fine, as long as you learn and grow from them.
6. Keep learning constantly. You will never know everything there is to know about business if you don't do your research.
7. Allow yourself to be inspired by others, but don't compare. After all, comparison is the thief of joy...8. Wish less, do a whole lot more.
9. There will always be doubters and meddlers, but only you can know when you've done the right thing.
10. Thank people. It's a lovely thing for people to support someone they hardly know and their little business, so let them know how grateful you are.
11. Be consistent with social media and blogging. Let people have an insight into your daily life and at the person behind your business.
12. Make beautiful things. If you feel too caught up in admin and emails, take a break and just create.
Part of the one-girl band series- a series looking at being the one-girl-band behind your small business, plus the trails and tribulations that come with being self-employed.